Opera Holland Park is looking for a Finance Assistant to join our administration team.
Opera Holland Park is looking for an organised and motivated Finance Assistant to support the Head of Finance in the Charity’s finance and administration functions.
The Finance Assistant supports the Head of Finance to ensure smooth running of the finance aspect of the Charity. They are a central member of the charity’s administration team, and provide support to all departments with finance- or office-related queries.
Whilst no formal accountancy qualification is required for the role as full training will be provided on all systems and processes, experience of general administrative and finance tasks would be very helpful. The role would suit an individual with good organisational skills and attention to detail.
No agencies please.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working in a general administration or finance role in a similar organisation
- Experience of using Sage 50 / or similar Accounting package
- Minimum 5 GCSEs, or equivalent including Maths and English
- A high level of computer literacy, mainly Excel and other MS Office;
- Numerate with attention to detail
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- The ability to apply diplomacy and tact when appropriate
- The ability to prioritise tasks and to be able to show initiative in dealing with day-to-day situations
- The ability to maintain in strictest confidence any information received concerning Company matters
- Good sense of humour
- Experience and interest in working in Theatre/Arts/Opera
- Ability to use Zahara, Purchase Order system
- Working Knowledge of ticketing system such as Spektrix, Tessitura etc
- Working knowledge of Foreign Entertainers Tax
- AAT qualification or knowledge of accounting principles
As soon as possible
Opera is for everyone. We commit to creating opera for all people, and working with all people to create opera. We believe it is essential to nurture new and diverse talent, onstage and off. The more diverse our workforce, the stronger our community and the better able we are to achieve these aims. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people who experience racism, disabled people and LGBT people, as these groups are currently under-represented at Opera Holland Park.
We commit to offering interviews to any candidates who self-identify as disabled and meet the essential criteria.