Opera Holland Park's production team are looking for an assistant to support them with all artistic admin-related work in the run up to and during our busy summer opera season.
The production assistant is a temporary position, supporting the small production team to ensure the smooth set up and day-to-day running of rehearsals and performances, as well as preparation for the following year.
We expect this to be a busy and varied role with occasional conflicting priorities, and tight turnaround on some tasks. You will need to be able to juggle a range of tasks from different people and working to a deadline. Some days will involve lifting boxes and moving items of furniture and other days will be more desk-based.
Our ideal candidate would have a bit of office / arts administration experience and be looking to pursue a career in arts administration, with a passion for live music, theatre and opera. You will need strong organisation skills, and be happy to write emails and speak to people in person and over the phone.
This is the ideal role to start your arts admin career with, and we can offer guidance and advice on how to proceed after this contract finishes.
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is 9 December 2021. Any application received after this date may not be included in the recruitment process.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 13 December 2021.
- A bit of administrative experience in an office or similar environment
- Confident using Microsoft Outlook, word, publisher, excel, powerpoint etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in live music, theatre and opera
- Ability to work as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and problem solve
- Good time management and organisation skills
- The desire to pursue a career in production, arts administration or similar
- Experience of handling cash or reconciling receipts
- Ability to read music
- Experience of working with artists or being involved with performing arts
Opera is for everyone. We commit to creating opera for all people, and working with all people to create opera. We believe it is essential to nurture new and diverse talent, onstage and off. The more diverse our workforce, the stronger our community and the better able we are to achieve these aims. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people who experience racism, disabled people and LGBT people, as these groups are currently under-represented at Opera Holland Park.
We commit to offering interviews to any candidates who self-identify as disabled and meet the essential criteria.