Explore opera during the Opera Holland Park 2021 Season with our four new Discovery Matinees.
The Discovery Matinees welcome people who want to try opera out for the first time in a relaxed environment, and those who love opera but find the usual theatre-going experience inaccessible.
What’s on offer
- Free tickets – many of the tickets for the Discovery Matinees will be allocated free as part of our Under 18s and Over 65s ticket schemes. Find out more about the schemes here.
- Subsidised tickets – ticket prices are reduced for the Discovery Matinees, to let you give opera a try without breaking the bank. Prices range from £22–50, with half price access tickets available for disabled people and a companion or carer.
- Relaxed Performance – every Discovery Matinee will be adapted to suit people who find it difficult to follow the usual conventions of theatre behaviour, and those who prefer a more relaxed environment. Find out more.
- Audio-description – Discovery Matinees will be audio-described for blind and partially-sighted audiences. Audio-description offers additional commentary explaining the action on stage, including singers’ body language, expressions and movements. Find out more.
- Weekend afternoon performances – we hope a 2pm start to each Discovery Matinee will allow families to fall in love with opera together.
Dates and times
- La traviata – 19 June, 2pm
- The Marriage of Figaro – 20 June, 2pm
- L’amico Fritz – 18 July, 2pm
- The Cunning Little Vixen – 25 July, 2pm
General Booking for the Opera Holland Park 2021 Season opens on Wednesday 14 April at 10am.