We want to make sure that Opera Holland Park is accessible to everyone, and that all our patrons have a comfortable and enjoyable experience at our beautiful theatre.
The access support listed below is applicable only to our outdoor performances, held in the space where our theatre usually stands in front of Holland House. For general information about Access at Opera Holland Park during a normal summer season, please visit this page.
Opera Holland Park will be operating all outdoor performances in accordance with the latest guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England. If you have any questions that are not covered below or in our list of FAQs for outdoor performances here, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Step free and level access
- Access to the theatre site is step-free via both the East and West Gates. There is a short hill with a steep gradient at the West Gate, so the East Gate is most appropriate for those using a self-propelled wheelchair.
- There is level access throughout the site, although no hand rails.
Parking and drops offs
Unfortunately there is no disabled parking available at the Opera Holland Park Theatre, which is situated in the middle of Holland Park. The closest car park is the Abbotsbury Road Car Park, a five minute walk from the theatre (approximately 100 metres).
If you would like to be dropped off closer to the theatre, there is a step free walk up a gentle slope from Ilchester Place to the theatre’s West Gate or a flat step free walk from Duchess of Bedford’s Walk to the theatre’s East Gate.
Wheelchair users and anyone with mobility needs can be dropped off by car in the turning circle outside the theatre’s West Gate, next to the Holland Park Café. However, permission to drive into the park via the Ilchester Place entrance must be arranged in advance via the Parks Police on 0300 3655 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the current circumstances we are unable to provide assisted wheelchairs. If you require assistance, please make sure you also book a ticket for your companion.
Access tickets and booking
We offer half price access tickets to all opera and ballet performances at the theatre for access bookers and one companion or carer. For a patron to qualify for access tickets they must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Registered disabled
- Have a blue badge
- Receive PIP
- Receive funds from the DVLA
- Have a Disabled Persons Freedom Pass or Railcard
Access tickets can be booked either by calling the Box Office on 0300 999 1000 or online. After booking, the Box Office will contact you to verify your eligibility.
- Ensure you log in before you begin the booking process
- If you have not yet identified your access needs to us, go to Other Preferences under My Account, tick any options which are relevant to you, then scroll down and click save
- Select the performance you wish to attend
- Select your seats
- Once you have selected your tickets, click Continue at the bottom of the screen
- On the next screen, ensure that you have selected the Access ticket type for all applicable tickets from the drop down. Your discount will not be applied until you reach the Basket stage, where you will see your saving alongside the discounted ticket price, so keep clicking through
When booking online, the access discount will only apply to one pair of tickets per production. If you wish to book more than one pair of access tickets for any of our productions, please call the Box Office on 0300 999 1000 or email us via BoxOffice@operahollandpark.com.