Opera Holland Park will be operating all performances and events in accordance with the latest guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England. On this page, you'll find out more about how we plan to keep you safe, as well as FAQs relating to booking tickets for the 2021 Season.
In 2021 we will be building a new auditorium underneath our iconic canopy. Making full use of the beautiful natural setting, and using reclaimed and sustainable materials, this auditorium has been designed for Opera Holland Park by the award-winning set designer, takis. Find out more about what to expect here.
The seating capacity will be reduced from 1000 to 400 to allow for social distancing, customised flexible seating, enhanced personal space and a greater connection to the music and drama from the newly extended stage, which, in turn, allows greater safety for our artists. We are grateful to our Members and Supporters for their generosity in enabling us to offer this exciting new space to our audiences.
Opera Holland Park will be operating all performances and events in accordance with the latest guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England. If you have any questions that are not covered below or in our list of FAQs below, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Providing sanitised, allocated seating with socially distanced bubbles (at least 1m apart)
- Cleaning all allocated seating before you arrive
- Restricting visitor numbers to maintain social distancing at all times
- Implementing one way pathways wherever possible on the site
- Stewarding the event to ensure safe distancing while you are taking your seats
- All OHP staff, volunteers and stewards will wear masks
- All OHP staff, volunteers, stewards, singers and musicians will be asked to take their temperature before the event and will not attend if symptomatic of COVID-19
- Singers and musicians will remain at least 5m away from audiences during the performance
- Operating a paperless and cashless system at the box office and programmes desk (e-tickets only)
- Providing hand sanitising stations
- Asking for contact details from all customers, musicians and staff for Track and Trace
In return, we ask that you:
- Do not attend if you have symptoms, have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, or suspect you may have COVID-19 (see NHS website)
- Make sure your contact details are up to date on your OHP account for Track and Trace purposes
- Show your ticket on a mobile device
- Keep at least 1m away from all other audience members, musicians and staff at all times
- Avoid touching seats that you are not using
- Use hand sanitiser when necessary
- Wear your own masks or facial coverings as necessary
- Keep your belongings with you at all times
- Look out for instructions from OHP staff and stewards to ensure your personal safety
What happens if the performance is cancelled? Will I get a refund?
If we are unable to hold the performance due to Government restrictions, you will receive an automatic refund, no questions asked.
What does the new seating plan look like, and what are the prices?
Prices for each performance, as well as more information about the new Premium Band A+ seats, can be found on individual production pages for each opera (links below). The new seating plan is located on this page.
How do I book tickets?
We strongly advise booking online through our website. If you are unable to book online, we will be able to take bookings over the phone at 0300 999 1000. We recommend you take some time to familiarise yourself with our new seating plan as it will be very different from our regular auditorium set-up.
Our online seating plan will be divided into pre-sized household ‘bubbles’. When selecting seats, you will only be able to select all of the seats in a given bubble at a time. If you are arranging tickets for a larger group from separate households, please select seats that represent the number of different households you are ordering for.
What is a support or household bubble?
A household is a person or a group of people who live together in the same accommodation. A support bubble is where a single adult living alone, or a single parent with children under 18, can form an exclusive network with one other household where social distancing does not have to be observed.
The 2 households that form a support bubble count as one household for the purposes of this guidance.
Can’t find the right sized bubble?
If you are unable to find a bubble with the right number of seats included, please check any alternative dates or other price bands first, then call the box office on 0300 999 1000 and we will do our best to find a way to accommodate your group while maintaining our social distancing.
What are Premium seats?
A central feature of Opera Holland Park’s redesigned auditorium for the 2021 Season, the Premium Seats offer unparalleled connection to the music and drama on stage. They are grouped around tables according to the size of each bubble, and afford enhanced comfort from the heart of the theatre.
What happens if I develop COVID symptoms or have had a positive test?
We are asking customers not to attend the event if they have symptoms of COVID-19, have had a positive test result for COVID. If this is the case, or if the event is cancelled, you will be issued a refund. In all other cases our normal no refund policy will apply. Please see our full Terms and Conditions here.
How many people will be in the audience?
We have set a total maximum capacity of 450, excluding OHP staff, singers and musicians, to enable us to adhere to social distancing guidelines. However it is likely that the real capacity will be much lower than this (approximately 400) as we cater to social distancing restrictions and sizes of groups.
What happens if it rains?
There will be a canopy covering both the stage and auditorium.
What about picnics?
Changes to the theatre site to facilitate social distancing are likely to impact some, if not all of our usual picnic spaces. At the moment we don’t think it is possible to safely host picnics this year. However, we know how much the picnic experience adds to your visits and if we can safely introduce some reduced picnicking capacity, we will let you know.
Do I need to bring my own seats?
There is no need to bring your own seats – sanitised seating will be provided.
Do your access procedures apply as usual?
Full access information can be found on this page. Unfortunately there are some access offerings, including help with close-contact assistance, that we are no longer able to provide. If you require close-contact assistance, we recommend that you also book a ticket for your companion.
However, we will always do our utmost to help where we can. Please call the Box Office on 0300 999 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific request.