The Opera Holland Park Theatre is situated in the middle of Holland Park, London W8 6LU. The nearest entrances to the park are via Ilchester Place Gate (southwest of the theatre), Abbotsbury Road Car Park, Duchess of Bedford’s Gate and Kensington High Street.
We strongly suggest travelling to the venue by public transport. There is no parking at the theatre and spaces around the park are limited. The nearest tube stations are Holland Park (Central Line) and High Street Kensington (District & Circle Lines), and taxis can drop off and pick up outside each of the park gates. There are also several bus routes running along Kensington High Street to the south and Holland Park Avenue to the north of the theatre. London Overground trains run to the nearby Kensington Olympia Station.
Walking route from High Street Kensington station (Circle and District Line)
- Turn left on leaving the station and walk down Kensington High Street for about 10 minutes
- The entrance to the park is opposite Waitrose and just before the Design Museum
- Follow signs to ‘Holland House and Terrace’: walk up the long avenue, past the cricket field, and turn left at the top of the path
Walking route from Holland Park station (Central Line)
- Cross over the road at the traffic lights and turn right toward Shepherds Bush and the A40
- Walk along Holland Park Avenue and turn into Holland Park on the left
- Continue to walk up Abbotsbury Road until you reach a sign-post for The Belvedere Restaurant and Car Park, on the left hand-side
- Follow signs to ‘Holland House and Terrace’: the theatre is just past the restaurant and Dutch Gardens
There are six main bus routes that pass the Earls Court entrance to the park on Kensington High Street: Routes 9, 10, 27, 28, 49 and C1.
Buses are also available along Holland Park Avenue, outside Holland Park station.
Holland Park does not allow cycling within the grounds of the park but dedicated cycle parking areas are provided for patrons near to the theatre opposite the café entrance. There is also a Santander Cycle Hire docking station at the Ilchester Place gate and Duchess of Bedford Gate entrance to Holland Park.
After the performance, please exit through the Ilchester Place gate, Abbotsbury Road car park gate or the Duchess of Bedford’s Gate leading to Holland Walk. All other gates will be closed after the performance.