Sat 8 August 20206.00pm
Sat 8 August 2020
Following the high demand for tickets for our homecoming concert on 25 July, we are delighted to announce a further evening of great operatic arias to mark what would have been the closing night of our 2020 summer season.
A second chance to hear singers including Natalya Romaniw, Jennifer France, Lauren Fagan, Alison Langer, Nardus Williams, Ross Ramgobin, Anush Hovhannisyan, Aigul Akhmetshina, Samuel Sakker, Anna Patalong, Emma Stannard and Grant Doyle. Matthew Kofi Waldren returns to conduct an ensemble drawn from our resident orchestra, City of London Sinfonia.
Unlike our normal summer season, this performance will be completely open air. We will provide seating but do check the weather and pack sunblock, sunglasses, a souwester or a blanket, as the show will go on come rain or shine.
In accordance with the current guidelines on social distancing and outdoor performances, our seating capacity is strictly limited to 200. We will continue to offer priority booking for both events to our Members and Supporters from Tuesday 28 July (see below for full details). However, as per our aims of making opera accessible to all, we are pleased to be holding 50 tickets for public sale to enable some of the wider OHP community to attend. These will go on sale Wednesday 29 July at 1pm. Of course, Members and Supporters that were unable to purchase tickets during priority booking can also book during this time when these tickets are released. We would like to thank our Members, Supporters and wider audience for their continued support and understanding as we try to improve accessibility for these limited capacity events. There will also be waiting lists available for all performances in Holland Park this summer.
Please note that the programme is subject to change.
Opera Holland Park will be operating this event in accordance with the latest guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England. Please read the following information before booking.
If you have any questions that are not covered below or in our list of FAQs for outdoor performances below, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Providing sanitised, allocated seating that is socially distanced (at least 1.5m apart)
- Cleaning all allocated seating before you arrive
- Restricting visitor numbers to maintain social distancing at all times
- Stewarding the event to ensure safe distancing while you are taking your seats
- All OHP staff and stewards will wear masks
- All OHP staff, stewards, singers and musicians will be asked to take their temperature before the event and will not attend if symptomatic of COVID-19
- Singers and musicians will remain at least 5m away from audiences during the performance
- Operating a paperless and cashless system at the box office (e-tickets only)
- Providing hand sanitising stations
- Asking for contact details from all customers, musicians and staff to comply with the Track and Trace system
In return, we ask that you:
- Do not attend if you have symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, of COVID-19 (see NHS website)
- Make sure your contact details are up to date on your OHP account for Track and Trace purposes
- Show your ticket on a mobile device
- Keep at least 1.5m away from all other audiences, musicians and staff at all times
- Avoid touching seats that you are not using
- Use hand sanitiser when necessary
- Wear your own masks or facial coverings as necessary
- Keep your belongings with you at all times
- Look out for instructions from OHP staff and stewards to ensure your personal safety
What happens if I am unable to attend the event?
We are asking customers not to attend the event if they have symptoms of COVID-19. If this is the case you will be issued a refund. In all other cases our normal no refund policy will apply. Please see our full Terms and Conditions here.
Will I receive tickets in the post?
Only E-tickets will be available for this performance, which you can either print off and bring with you, or show on your mobile device when you enter the site.
What happens if it rains?
The singers and musicians will be performing under a small marquee to enable them to continue the concert regardless of the weather. Please note that there will be no canopy for this performance, so please dress appropriately for the weather. In consideration of those seated behind you, please do not use umbrellas during the performance. We advise that you bring a coat or poncho in case of rain.
Do I need to bring my own seats?
There is no need to bring your own seats – sanitised theatre seating will be provided.
How long is the concert?
The concert will start at 6pm and finish by 7.30pm with no interval. Please leave ample time to arrive and leave as it may take longer than usual due to social distancing measures.
Will there be a bar or refreshments available? Can I bring my own refreshments?
There won’t be a bar but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and refreshments to enjoy before and during the performance. As always, please be considerate of other patrons when choosing what to bring to eat or drink.
Where are the toilets?
There will be no toilet facilities on the theatre site but Holland Park toilets (only 100m away) will be available for use.
How many people will be in the audience?
We have set a total capacity of 200 people for the event, excluding OHP staff, singers and musicians, to enable us to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Where can I park?
There is limited parking available in Holland Park. If you are able, we recommend cycling or walking to the event.
Do your access procedures apply as usual?
Full access information can be found on this page. Unfortunately there are some access offerings, including help with close-contact assistance, that we are no longer able to provide. If you require close-contact assistance, we recommend that you also book a ticket for your companion.
However, we will always do our utmost to help where we can. Please call the Box Office on 0300 999 1000 or email email@example.com if you have a specific request.