Since 2005, we have offered 1,000 free tickets to performances across our season each year, enabling young people aged 7–18 to get their first taste of opera with us. Applications for free tickets for the 2022 Season, open on Wednesday 6 April.
Free Tickets for Under 18s will be available for all performances across the 2022 Season. This year’s productions and performance dates are:
- Eugene Onegin – 31 May, 2, 9, 11, 15, 17, 21 and 25 June at 7.30pm; 19 June at 2pm (Discovery Matinee); 13 and 23 June at 7.30pm (Young Artists performances)
- Carmen – 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 18, 22 and 24 June at 7.30pm; 12 June at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
- Margot la Rouge / Le Villi – 21, 23, 27 and 29 July and 2, 4 and 6 August at 7.30pm; 31 July at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
- Little Women – 22, 28 and 30 July and 3 and 5 August at 7.30pm; 24 July at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
- HMS Pinafore – 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 August at 7.30pm; 13 August at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
Find out more about the Discovery Matinees on this page.
How to apply
Applications for Free tickets for Under 18s will open on Wednesday 6 April at 10am. After registering, you will be able to book your tickets from Monday 11 April. There is no closing date for registrations and bookings, but tickets are available on a first come, first served basis subject to availability.
Please note, you must register using the form below in order to access booking for the Free tickets for Under 18s.
Young people aged 7–18 are eligible to apply for free tickets. Children aged 7–15 years old must be accompanied by an adult (over 18 years) whose ticket is also free. A free accompanying adult ticket is only available where there is a young person aged under 16 years applying for tickets. Qualifying individuals may book for up to four tickets: one adult and up to three under 18s in the pink price zone only. Customers are welcome to purchase any additional tickets.
For School Groups wishing to buy a number of tickets, we recommend our Schools’ Matinee performances on 15 and 21 June. More information about the Schools’ Matinees will be released early in 2022.