Read our FAQs about how to watch our film of Un ballo in maschera online
How to watch Un ballo in maschera
Our filmed production of Un ballo in maschera is available for viewers to watch online through the Opera Holland Park website. In this guide, we answer some FAQs about the how to access the film, and offer some tips on how to watch it on your TV.
How do I purchase the film?
You can purchase and watch the film from this page. Buying the film will give you access to watch it for 24 hours after you have completed your order.
Follow these instructions to purchase your ticket:
- Visit this page and click book now
- Select 1 ticket. Please ignore the time and date that appears both when purchasing the ticket and in your confirmation emails. This is just the final date that customers will be able to access this film.
- Continue to the next screen to check your booking, then select Checkout
- At this stage you will be prompted to log in if you haven’t already
- After this you will reach the Order Summary page, where you will be able to check the final details of your order before paying.
- Once you have completed the process of paying for your order, you will receive an e-ticket with instructions on how to access the film.
How do I watch the film?
When you have purchased the film, you will receive an e-ticket from Opera Holland Park with full instructions, but in short:
- The film will be screening via our website.
- To view the film, you will need to log into the account associated with the email address this e-ticket was sent to. To log in, please use the ‘log in to watch’ button, which you will find at www.operahollandpark.com/ballo-film.
- You will only be able to access Un ballo in maschera for 24 hours from the time you purchased your ticket, so we encourage you to watch the film as soon as possible.
- You can also find additional resources, including a free digital programm and an audio introduction provided by VocalEyes on this page.
If you have any problems, please email us at email@example.com or call 0300 999 1000.
Where do I access the programme?
How do I watch the film on my TV?
You must watch Un ballo in maschera via an internet browser. If you would like to watch it on your TV, you will need to connect your TV to a device with an internet browser (such as a desktop or laptop computer, mobile or tablet).
Below you can find instructions for some common ways of connecting your TV and chosen device. However, due to the variation in how devices and TVs are set up, these may not work for all TVs or devices. We recommend looking up specific instructions for your TV monitor and device if you have any problems.
Connecting your device to a TV with a HDMI cable
- One universal feature on most TVs is their HDMI socket, and in most cases, you can connect your devices to your TV using an HDMI cable. If you have a smart box, games console, or similar, the HDMI cable connects this to the TV monitor
- Usually, HDMI ports are found at the back of your TV
- Ensure your HDMI cable is attached to the TV monitor, then plug the other end into the device you intend to stream with
- If your device has a HDMI port, this will be clearly marked. If not, you will need to use an adaptor. Mobile devices and tablets are unlikely to have a HDMI port
- Once you have connected your cable, you may need to change your TV’s input settings. Use your remote control to find the source or input menu, and select the input associated with the port your cable is plugged into. This will usually be labelled HDMI 1, 2, or etc.
- You may also need to change the sound settings on your device to ensure it is using the TV to project the sound. Look for your device’s settings menu, find sound or audio settings and then select the sound output for your TV
Connecting your device to a TV wirelessly
- There are several ways to wirelessly cast your screen to a TV, and many different brands offer different ways to achieve this
- If you have a WIFI-enabled TV, and it is on the same WIFI network as the computer, tablet or smartphone you are streaming with, it is likely you will be able to connect the two wirelessly. You can use in-built software such as Airplay for Apple devices, or if you are using Google Chrome, you can cast directly from the browser. You can also use a special casting device such as Google’s Chromecast or Amazon’s Firestick
- Apple Macbooks, iPhones and iPads can use Apple’s Airplay to cast to compatible TVs. Selecting the Airplay icon on your device will show you which TVs are available on your network to cast to
- If you have a games console connected to your TV, you may also be able to screencast your device to this by installing the relevant app
- We would recommend looking up more specific instructions for screen casting using your setup if you have any problems
Opera Holland Park staff will not be able to help you with connecting your device and TV. We encourage you to look up how to connect your device and TV in advance of trying to watch the film.
Did you enjoy the production? Don’t forget to let us know what you think about the film by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also post on social media, tagging @operahollandpk on Twitter, or @operahollandpark on Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #OHPBallo.