A meaningful activity like attending an evening of high-quality opera with family and friends can help to overcome isolation and broaden horizons, something which is particularly important for our older audiences. This is why we continue to offer free opera tickets for those over the age of 65.
Free Tickets for Over 65s will be available for all performances across the 2022 Season. This year’s productions and performance dates are:
- Eugene Onegin – 31 May, 2, 9, 11, 15, 17, 21 and 25 June at 7.30pm; 19 June at 2pm (Discovery Matinee); 13 and 23 June at 7.30pm (Young Artists performances)
- Carmen – 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 18, 22 and 24 June at 7.30pm; 12 June at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
- Margot la Rouge / Le Villi – 21, 23, 27 and 29 July and 2, 4 and 6 August at 7.30pm; 31 July at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
- Little Women – 22, 28 and 30 July and 3 and 5 August at 7.30pm; 24 July at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
- HMS Pinafore – 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 August at 7.30pm; 13 August at 2pm (Discovery Matinee)
How to apply
Applications for this scheme can be made either individually or as part of a community group, although we actively encourage our audiences to apply as part of an organised group. Organised community groups might include day centres, retirement cafés, older persons’ forums, or groups formed by charities such as Age UK or Contact the Elderly.
Please note: if applying as part of a community group, you can apply for up to 10 tickets per performance. If you are applying as an individual, you may apply for a maximum of 2. When making your application, please mark on the form if you or any of your party have any access needs, and we will ensure that these are accommodated. Find out more about accessibility at our theatre.
Applications for Free Tickets for Over 65s for the 2022 Season open on Wednesday 26 January and close on Friday 8 April. Successful applicants will be contacted by the Opera Holland Park Box Office team after the closing date.